NQT or Experience Teacher
Long term role - Permanent role in September 2020
Are you looking for an RE Teaching position for the summer 2020 term?
Are you Passionate about enriching the lives of students, instilling in them a love for your subject?
Are you able to plan and deliver high quality lessons, achieving excellent result?
Would you like the opportunity to develop your career?
This role represents a unique opportunity to join an Academy at the beginning of its improvement journey and help grow into an Outstanding School. The Academy has a drive for improvement and this would be an exciting time to join a school. As an RE teacher at the school you would be teaching RE to KS3 and 4 pupils, the ability to teach GCSE RE is essential. The ability teach other Humanities areas would also be looked upon favourably.
The school are able to offer -
• A salary higher than the main scale teacher salaries
• Increased CPD training for all staff.
The role is to teach RE to KS3 and 4 pupils, the school will look at applications from both experienced teachers and NQTs. The timetable is able to be adapted to the successful applicant.
Key Responsibilities of the role.
• Set high expectations so that all students are inspired, motivated and challenged to reach their full potential, and in doing so meet their progress targets
• Plan and teach well-structured lessons that are aligned to the agreed curriculum and teach students the importance of physical activity while developing motor and fitness skills
• Contribute to the promotion of an active, healthy lifestyle and any related school-wide initiatives
• Facilitate lunchtime and after school extracurricular clubs.
• Facilitate and support school and external sporting events, fixtures, competitions and trips
• Use data to inform teaching and learning, identify areas for intervention and provide feedback to students, staff and families in order to promote progress and outcomes
• Manage behaviour effectively to create a safe, respectful and nurturing environment so that students can focus on learning
• Work collaboratively with both school and network colleagues as a committed team member, building successful, high performing teams
• Participate actively throughout the network, by attending relevant meetings, and, as appropriate, delivering network-wide training and initiatives
• Work with colleagues, students and families to develop a strong school community
Person Specification: RE Teacher
• Qualified to teach and work in the UK
• Qualified to degree level and above
• Hold QTS or be training currently.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Experience of teaching RE to students of all abilities at Key Stage 3 and 4
• Excellent understanding of both subject and general teaching pedagogy
• Mastery of and enthusiasm for RE
• Effective and systematic behaviour management
• Knowledge of the national secondary education system, including examinations and curriculum
• Evidence of leading successful initiatives that promote sport and a healthy lifestyle
• Be or demonstrate the potential to become an outstanding teacher
• Competent in the use of ICT for displays, and to support learning in lessons
• Genuine passion for and a belief in the potential of every student
• Deep commitment of providing an excellent education to every student, regardless of background
• Excellent interpersonal, planning and organisational skills
• Resilient, motivated and committed to achieving excellence
• Reflective and proactive in seeking feedback to constantly improve practice
• Commitment to regular and on-going professional development and training to establish outstanding classroom practice
• Commitment to and understanding of professionalism in line with the National Teaching Standards
Please apply for this role ASAP as the school wish to interview as successful applications are received.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.