Do you believe in the provision of a high quality, enjoyable education for all pupils?
Do you want a rewarding role that will support pupils in maintaining their education, despite facing complex medical challenges?
This friendly medical pupil referral unit for children and young people with complex medical needs is seeking a passionate and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join them and work towards providing a high quality education for pupils who cannot attend mainstream school for medical reasons.
The unit in Carshalton offers a broad curriculum, with significant enrichment activities, and a personalised learning plan for all pupils. A high emphasis is placed on communication with parents and other agencies, working collaboratively to support the pupil.
About the role:
• Full time
• Opportunity to support pupils across age ranges 5-16 years
• Small class sizes
• 1:1 support for pupils who require higher levels of assistance
• Good CPD opportunities
• Work alongside medical practitioners, therapists etc.
• Qualifications demonstrate ability to support up to y11 GCSE in English, Maths and Science, e.g. GCSE Grade C or above in these subjects.
• Flexible and reliable
• Sensitive to needs of pupils with complex medical needs and willing to undergo first aid training if required
• Willing to participate in CPD and develop as a professional
• Had basic safeguarding training within last 2 years- we can assist you with this via our in-house training sessions
To apply for this unique opportunity; send your CV or call and ask to speak with the SEN Team today!
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.