PRU GCSE Maths Teacher
A committed, dedicated and experienced qualified Maths Teacher who can teach up to GCSE level is needed from September 2018 to take on a full time and long term to perm role.
The school provides education for students aged 11 to 16 who have been permanently excluded from mainstream school. They are taught in groups of normally no more than seven. Students also attend College Courses in Year 11 and in the majority of cases, students arrive at school with an educational history disrupted by several fixed term exclusions, permanent exclusion and possibly several changes of school. A higher than average number of students are classified as SEND.
The Senior Leadership Team are seeking a qualified Teacher who can plan, tailor and deliver the maths national curriculum enabling all pupils to access and obtain a maths GCSE qualification. The staff, pupils and the community take great pride in the school and all aim to foster a sense of belonging, giving pupils a safe environment in which to learn.
This post is for you if you want to…
• Teach in an SEN school
• Develop long-lasting and trusting relationships
• Earn SEN points on your salary
• Teach a small class including one to one teaching
• Work alongside SEN specialists
The Headteacher is looking for a teacher who can…
• Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
• Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
• Plan and teach well-structured lessons
• Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils
• Make accurate and productive use of assessment
• Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
To be shortlisted for this role, you must have…
• Relevant Teacher Training and QTS
• Maths trained
• Good to outstanding practice
• DBS (we can support with your application)
This is a Good' School with a dedicated staff team who devote their time to inspire and develop each individual's education and social skills. It is a great SEN school to either begin your SEN teaching career in or if you are looking for a change from your current SEN setting. We can offer you free relevant training including safeguarding (please see our website for more details).
To apply: Submit your CV or call and ask to speak to the SEN team for an immediate interview and opportunity to meet with the school.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.