Are you a firm believer that education should prepare students for life after school?
Are you passionate about equipping young people with essential life skills?
An excellent role has become available for a Teaching Assistant to work in the Post-16 Unit of a popular and welcoming Complex Needs Special school in Weybridge, Surrey. This role is on a long term basis, with a view to becoming permanent.
Rated as Good' by Ofsted, the school caters for 130 students, aged between 11-19 years, and is built on an ethos of trust, respect and responsibility for all. The Post-16 provision is commendable, with Ofsted commenting that Students…make outstanding progress in all areas. They do particularly well in their vocational courses, preparing them extremely well for further training and employment.'
The Post-16 Unit, which offers 25 places for pupils aged 16-19, focuses on supporting students to obtain accreditation in Functional Skills and PSE, alongside Vocational Entry level and BTEC qualifications. In addition to this, students receive a holistic experience, with some students on work experience 1 day a week, others working with a Horticulture specialist and some attending college.
What does the role involve?
• Full time, long term
• Post-16 focus, based in the unit separate to the secondary school
• Working with students aged 16-19 years to develop functional skills in Maths and English, as well as life skills, to enable them to be successful in the community
What characteristics do you have?
• Hold a relevant DBS- we can assist with your application
• Be a motivated team player
• Hold high expectations of all students
• You are resilient and willing to continue developing as a professional
• Experience of working with SEN students is desirable but not essential
Call the SEN Team today on 0207 444 0009 to apply for this rewarding role, or alternatively click to apply with your CV.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.