Post-16 Careers Advisor
Are you a committed and dedicated careers advisor?
Do you have a proven track record of building a portfolio of business to host placements?
Are you passionate about helping young adults into to workplace that is right for them?
Then please apply for this fantastic opportunity!
A very special school based in Hindhead, Surrey are seeking a very forward-thinking and highly motivated individual to join them with immediate effect to liaise with stakeholders offering apprenticeships and internships and mentoring young people as they start these roles in addition to, providing practical support to young people as they apply for, interview and begin a placement
It goes without saying that you have…
• A confident yet flexible approach
• Show initiative as to how pupils can contribute positively to the local community and wider society
• An ability to establish and maintain relationships with a variety of people at different levels within organisations
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office products particularly Publisher, Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
• A clean Driving License
This particular school makes provision for children who have acquired processing delays due to: acute or chronic medical needs, mild cerebral palsy; those whose mental and/or emotional health is at risk due to direct or indirect trauma; and those whose mild autism creates learning needs.
Your role will involve…
• Building a portfolio of businesses and work with companies that are hosting placements
• Manage a caseload of pupils supporting them with their transferable skills and abilities as the move into sustained employment
• Providing practical support with application forms, interview preparations
• Ensuring pupils get the aftercare support they need to maintain the placement
This is a great opportunity to work with young pupils helping their transformation from school to the workplace and especially if you are thrilled at the prospect of working with pupils but don't hold any teaching qualifications! Don't delay your application… Apply now for an informal chat and to secure your interview with the school!
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.
No jobs found