Physics TeacherNorth LondonMPS - £155 - £220 with TLR of £4,531Start - ASAPHorizon Teachers are currently working with an outstanding North London School hoping to appoint a Physics Teacher in January 2020
Responsibilities of this role:
- Teach well across the 11-18 age range with an emphasis on KS4 Science
- Take an active role within the department, contributing to the development of departmental
policies, procedures and schemes of work
- Assist the HOD in the development and implementation of effective teaching and learning
strategies including assessment and the use of ICT
- Take responsibility for Physics at Key Stage 3 & 4 as agreed with the HOD by:
- Oversee schemes of work and associated resources, ensuring up to date schemes of
work are in place and monitoring the delivery of these schemes of work
- Providing all appropriate staff with necessary information and resources to teach these
schemes to the best of their ability
- Tracking and analysing student progress
- Identifying underachieving students and establishing the best method to improve their progress
- Assist the HOD in setting, promoting and maintaining high standards of behaviour and
teaching and learning and ensuring there is a consistent approach to behaviour management
within the department e.g. by taking responsibility for behaviour in particular year groups
- Play a full part in the running and organisation of extra-curricular and enrichment activities
within the department
- Assist the HOD in carrying out departmental planning, review, monitoring and evaluation
- Take responsibility for student teachers (known as beginning teachers) in the department,
supervising and supporting them as appropriate
- Work positively and co-operatively with the system for Appraisal
- Develop and enhance the teaching practice of other staff in the department, working with
colleagues to identify development needs and provide access to appropriate programmes,
opportunities and support
The ideal candidate for this role will;
- Promote teamwork and maintain high standards of working relations
- Assist the Head of department with the administration and smooth running of the department
• Have a passion for Science and be able to convey this to students
• Hold valid qualified Teaching status
• Have experience of teaching general Science to KS3 and 4.
• Be able to teach Physics at KS4
• Be able to deliver outstanding lessons and progress students of all levels.
• Be able to work in a progressive and enthusiastic department.
Please apply for this role ASAP.SEC/TEA
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.