Physical Education Teacher
Location: Outer North London
Salary: MPS UPS based on experience
Job Type: Temporary to Permanent
Start date: September 2017
School Information: Foundation School, age range 16-18 with over 650 students
2016 GCSE Results: 60% at A* - C Q - Are you currently looking for a PE position teaching inner London?Q - Do you want to work at a small school with a lovely campus and a strong school community?
If yes then Horizon Teachers has the role for you.
This Ofsted 2 Good' school wants you to join their school community and become a fully-fledged member of staff. Working with the well-resourced PE department, you will be responsible for the delivery of the curriculum to GCSE level.
Why should you apply?Department
: They have two male teachers who cover a range of practical and theory lessons. They are friendly and ensure all are made to feel welcome within their department. Curriculum
: They teach across KS4 BTEC and GCSE. The school would be happy to meet any one who offers any of these areas. At KS3, the school cover all sports with pupils having the opportunity to get involved with extra curriculum.Training
: School offer CDP training to all staff on a weekly basis. The school are willing to put staff on external course too. School
: The school is rated Good by Ofsted in the last inspection. School are dedicated to staff and support them throughout their teaching.
What will the school offer…
- Give you opportunity to work within an Good school
- Work within a supported PE department who are keen to develop every pupil they teach
- Opportunities for promotions within the school based on performance
- An innovative educational concept
- Excellent programme of continuing professional development
- Have the chance to shape the future of the PE department
What the school are looking for…
- Qualified teacher status (QTS) or overseas trained.
- PGCE in PE or degree level equivalent
- Experience of teaching KS3-KS4 PE in a secondary school
- The ability to communicate and work well as a part of team and show a commitment to being part of the wider life of the school
- Excellent subject knowledge
- Proven track record of raising attainment and keeping standards high
The school is very keen to hear from teachers who are ambitious and can work well in a team to successfully bring the best out of their students to achieve outstanding results.
For further information simply apply to this position with your CV and references.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.