Salary - Dependant on Experience
Temp to Perm role
Are you looking for a role as a Pastoral Assistant?
Are you well organised and do you have prior Pastoral Experience?
Horizon Teachers is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to work as a Pastoral Assistant in a Large Inner London Secondary School.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an Inner London school on a temporary basis with the opportunity to secure a permanent position in September 2019. There is the option of Part time for this position so it would suit a wide range of individuals.
The school are looking for someone who is able to support the work of three Heads of House and act as the first point of contact for the behaviour systems at one of the Academy's sites.
The Pastoral assistant provides administrative support for the Heads of House and in particular, that required for investigating behaviour incidents, recording the outcomes of such incidents and communicating with parent/carers regarding breaches of the Academy's behaviour expectations.
The main duties involved with this position are;
• To administer the Academy's behaviour systems as set out in the Academy's policies and procedures and support the work of 3 Heads of House.
• Administering the Academy's STAR system and recording of behaviour incidents on the Academy's data base
• At the direction of senior managers and pastoral managers carry out fact finding investigations
• Administering the Academy's PREP system and following up with parents
• Under the supervision and guidance of the Heads of House, contacting parents to pass on information and arrange meetings
• Assist the break and lunch supervision team leader in ensuring that, at all times, there is a safe and orderly environment
• Attending all training identified as being appropriate to the post by the Academy
• Attend team and staff meetings.
• Be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to follow the relevant policies and procedures.
• Uphold the Academy's disciplinary rules and staff code of conduct.
• Follow the Academy's health and safety requirements.
• Contribute to the maintenance of a caring and stimulating environment for young people.
• Always act in accordance with the statutory frameworks that set out how the Academy must operate.
• To attend First Aid training and to provide First Aid when required
• Carry out any other reasonable duties within the scope of the post as directed by the Headteacher or other senior manager.
The school is located in central East London and has a community feel. You will be working with teachers and pupils so must have excellent organisational and communication skills.
The school wish to appoint someone with prior school experience to this post. Please apply with an up to date CV.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.