A Hospital School in Southwark and seeking to appoint a skilled Mathematics Teacher part-time (2-3 days) who has the capabilities to teach Maths to A Level. Date:
£130-£220 per dayLocation
: Southwark, South East LondonThe School:
This Hospital school is a community special school meeting the needs of young people who are patients or siblings of patients in this Children's Hospital. The school is committed to providing outstanding personalised education where every child feels valued, nurtured and respected. The school teach children from 2-19 with the full spectrum of abilities and special educational and medical needs.
At the Hospital School, 60-80 students are taught each week. Staff are flexibly to meet the needs of the pupils. Teaching takes place in the main atrium school for those who are well enough to leave their ward. Teaching may be individualised to follow home school curriculum, or pupils may work on tasks as a whole class or in smaller groups. Children who are not yet ready to come down to the atrium school are taught at their bedside generally in short sessions of 25-45 minutes. The sessions are personalised to the needs of the pupils - those who receive dialysis treatment are taught on their ward 2-3 times a week. Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Why Horizon Teachers?
- To fulfil all directed commitments as required by the Headteacher.
- To teach pupils in groups and individually as appropriate to the policies of the school in a hospital setting.
- To plan and keep accurate records of lessons, pupils progress and achievement, keep accurate attendance registers and other such records as required by the school.
- To write pupil reports.
- To have and continue to update a thorough knowledge of teaching methods and repertoire and to be able to advise pupils and the school about suitable repertoire and teaching material.
- Be adaptable and confident in your teaching ability.
- We have specialised in successfully placing English Teachers into Secondary Schools across London and the South East for over 10 years.
- We have a team of dedicated consultants who offer support, guidance and consultative advice (Please look at our Google reviews !).
- We offer competitive PAYE and Payroll Company pay rates that increased after 12 weeks - pay is uplifted through a Payroll Company
- We will work with your existing Payroll Company.
- We offer up to £200 in vouchers if you refer a friend or colleague
For more informtion or if you have any questions, please contact the SEND team on 0207 444 0009
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.