Part Time Learning Support Mentor
A Special School based in East London that cater for pupils who have severe and or profound learning difficulties are seeking part time Learning Support Mentors from now and from September. They are particularly interested in recruiting someone who has a creative arts background including Drama/Art/Dance and someone ideally with some Special Education Needs (SEN) experience in any capacity.
The part time hours are flexible to work around your commitments and will suit someone who isn't looking for long term commitment but has a couple of days a week spare each week.
Working at the school you can expect:
• A caring environment with excellent staff who always share best practice and resources
• Lovely children and pupils where all of their needs are individually met
• A very supportive and committed Senior Leadership Team
• Exciting and engaging alternative educational lessons
• To work with experienced professionals such as Dance/Speech and Language Therapists, Councillors etc.
Based in Tower Hamlets, this special school caters for pupils aged 11-19 whose educational needs cannot be met by mainstream schools. Each pupil has a statement of special education needs or an education care health plan. The curriculum is broad and balanced with full entitlement to the National Curriculum. Its an Outstanding' School due to the level of quality in education maintained by the Senior Leadership Team, Teaching, Support and Admin staff at the school. They are keen to add value to the school by appointing a charismatic individual who:
• Is not afraid of a challenge and is comfortable working towards individual goals
• Is comfortable with elements of personal care duties (toileting and/or feeding)
• Has a warm welcoming personality
• Has a good sense of humour and enjoys a not so conventional school set up
• Has a flexible and a can do' attitude
• Has a background in creative arts
If you are ready to embark upon a career in SEN and are keen to find out more, then I am keen to hear from you! Please send in your most recent CV and/or call and ask to speak with Darsha in the SEN team.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.