Horizon Teachers are working with an Outstanding Secondary School in Redbridge who are looking to appoint a Passionate, dynamic and progressive Computing teacher to start in September 2020 and work Part time. This is an Outstanding opportunity to join an Outstanding School and teach pupils with a desire to learn.
This part time position will be to teach 3 days a week, the timetable is flexible and the 3 days will be adaptable depending on the applicant.
The school wish to appoint a permanent member of staff who will be able to work full time across KS3, KS4 and KS5.
Why this school?
• Students follow the AQA Computer Science syllabus at GCSE and at A-level.
• Computing classes are taught in mixed ability groups from Year 7 upwards.
• The Computing department achieves outstanding results at all Key Stages.
Why this role?
The Part time role would offer someone looking for reduced hours to take on a new role.
Why this school?
• This is a large mixed comprehensive school situated in the London Borough of Redbridge and within the Diocese of Brentwood.
• Ofsted have ranked them as outstanding' on 5 consecutive occasions and we have a reputation for excellence in all aspects of our service to the children in our school and the wider community.
• The highest standards relating to Teaching and Learning are a feature of daily life and these significantly and positively impact student progress and attainment.
• In 2019 Progress 8 was 0.51 (well above' the national average) and the average Attainment 8 score for all students was 5.87
• The percentage of students at 4 in both English and Mathematics is 86%
• Percentage of students achieving 5 9-7 grades is 34%
• Percentage of students achieving 5 9-4 grades is 85%
• 8% of all grades at GCSE Level were the top grade 9
The school are seeking a professional who is:
ü An enthusiastic Computing specialist with the ability to teach across all of the Key Stages.
ü Passionate about Computer Science and has excellent subject knowledge.
ü Ambitious and committed to the very highest standards of student learning.
ü Keen to challenge and enthuse our diverse student population.
ü An excellent classroom practitioner with a drive for self-improvement and development.
What you will be offered in this role;
ü A strong commitment to your professional development and wellbeing.
ü Opportunity to work with a forward-thinking Headmaster and Senior Leadership Team.
ü Non-contact time and Planning, Preparation and Assessment time (PPA) which is very generous and well
above the national minimum requirement of 10% of your timetable.
ü A team of highly motivated and talented teachers that work collaboratively to raise standards and secure
achievement for all students.
ü Well behaved students that are keen to achieve and are respectful of their teachers.
ü A well-resourced school and a stimulating environment that is conducive to high quality teaching and learning.
Please apply ASAP as the school wish to Interview soon via Skype.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.