Are you a dynamic Business and Computing Teacher looking for a new challenge from September 2020? Horizon Teachers is supporting an independent school based in Essex who are looking to appoint a teacher of Business and Economics to work Part time. The School would like a teacher who is committed to supporting their pupils to achieve in Business and Computing.
Horizon Teachers is supporting this school in organising Video interviews.
This co-educational Independent School for pupils aged between 2 and 16 years are looking for a passionate teacher. The school are proud of their computing provision and offer you the opportunity to join their successful school.
The school are looking for an enthusiastic, adaptable and engaging qualified part time teacher of
Computer Science and Business. The school is introducing GCSE Business from September 2020 so experience of teaching Key Stage 4 Business is necessary.
The Computing Department is a friendly, supportive and successful team who bring enthusiasm to the delivery of the subject. Computing is taught in the school from year 1 through to year 11. The right candidate will have the ambition and desire to play a significant role in the further development of the department with the introduction of Business.
The department has achieved excellent GCSE results, and the school currently follows the OCR
GCSE Computer Science Syllabus. The candidate will be required to teach Key Stage 3 Computer
Science. The candidate will also need to have a flexible approach and the willingness and the ability to teach Key Stage 2 Computing and/or Key Stage 4 Computer Science.
What we are looking for:
• An experienced and qualified teacher with an excellent subject knowledge, holding QTS and a relevant undergraduate degree to deliver Computer Science at KS3 level and Business at KS4 level.
• A committed practitioner who wants to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning and who expects excellence from students.
• A collaborative and motivated individual who will teach the subject though a variety of innovative approaches including curriculum design, teaching strategies and the use of technology.
• A strong team player who forms excellent relationships with staff, parents and students.
• Strong IT skills and an interest in developing the use of ICT to enhance teaching and learning.
• Competent programming skills in Python or another high-level language.
Why this school.
• The chance to be part of a supportive and friendly team.
• Fantastic working environment where staff are valued.
• Opportunities to access CPD to develop your role further.
This is a part time position, and subject to the completion of a successful initial probationary year, will lead to a permanent position.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.