An Outstanding School has asked Horizon Teacher to assist them in appointing a Part time teacher of Business and Economics to work across KS4 and KS5. This role will be starting in September 2020. This is a main scale teaching position, the school would like a teacher who is able to work 2 days a week.
What will the role look like for you and why should you apply?
• You will experience teaching Business and Economics following the AQA Business and Economics syllabus at GCSE and at A-level.
• You will be teaching Business and Economics classes which are mixed ability groups from Year 10 upwards.
• You will be working in a department where pupils achieve Outstanding results in all key stages through their passion for Business, Economics and Politics.
• You will teaching 2 days a week with a mix of KS4 and 5 lessons.
Why this school?
• It is a large Catholic comprehensive school situated in the London Borough of Redbridge and within the Diocese of Brentwood.
• Ofsted have ranked the school as outstanding' on 5 consecutive occasions and we have a reputation for excellence in all aspects of our service to the children in the school and the wider community.
• The school's highest standards relating to Teaching and Learning are a feature of daily life and these significantly and positively impact student progress and attainment.
• Results in 2019 were Progress 8, 0.51 (well above' the national average) and the average Attainment 8 score for all students is 5.87.
• The percentage of students at 4 in both English and Mathematics is 86%
• The Percentage of students achieving 5 9-7 grades is 34%
• The Percentage of students achieving 5 9-4 grades is 85%
• 8% of all grades at GCSE Level were the top grade 9
The school are seeking a teacher who is:
• An enthusiastic Business and Economics specialist with the ability to teach across all of the Key Stages.
• Passionate about Business and Economics and has excellent subject knowledge.
• Ambitious and committed to the very highest standards of student learning.
• Keen to challenge and enthuse our diverse student population.
• An excellent classroom practitioner with a drive for self-improvement and development.
What the school will offer;
• A strong commitment to your professional development and wellbeing.
• Opportunity to work with a forward-thinking Headmaster and Senior Leadership Team.
• Planning, Preparation and Assessment time at Trinity is above the national requirement of 10%
• A team of highly motivated and talented teachers that work collaboratively to raise standards and secure achievement for all students.
• Well behaved students that are keen to achieve and are respectful of their teachers.
• A well-resourced school and a stimulating environment that is conducive to high quality teaching and learning.
Why apply through Horizon Teachers?