The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one. - Mark Twain
Every year there are more and more students in need of additional learning support and without the support of people like you they will struggle to reach their full potential.
LSAs (Learning Support Assistants) play a crucial role in student life, whether the students have additional language needs or struggle with dyslexia, their role cannot be understated.
Horizon Teachers are currently working with an Outstanding Ealing School hoping to appoint a new learning support assistant to join their growing SEN (Special Educational Needs) department.
We are looking for people with experience working with young people, whether it be tuition, working in a local youth club or mentoring during your own time at School, we would love to hear from you today!
This role will cover a range of subjects depending on the needs of each individual student however there will be a strong emphasis on the core subjects, especially English.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work and learn in an environment where every day is a learning experience with plenty of room for career progression and you will gain invaluable experience along the way.
Apply today to find out more.
Why work with Horizon Teachers?
• We offer additional training (CPD) throughout the School year and its absolutely free
• We offer the best rate of pay in London and should you decide to use a payroll company we will also cover the cost
• We work with the best Schools in London and the vast majority of people working with Horizon Teachers go on to become Teachers themselves
More about this position:
• You will be working one to one with students that require support in their learning, helping them to overcome challenges and improve their understanding and overall performance in School.
• There will be a strong focus on literacy, particularly with English as a Secondary language and mild dyslexia
• You will be required to email parents on a fortnightly basis to update them on student progress
• Opportunity to train as a Teacher for particularly strong applicants
We are looking for people who:
• Hold a degree or have relevant experience working with young people at the Secondary level
• Have a passion for education with aspirations to train as a Teacher in the future
• Have excellent communication skills.
• Are enthusiastic, positive and love to get involved
• Enjoy working with young people
• Are adaptable and flexible
• You must have the right to work in the UK
Click the apply button to register your CV or give us a call today on 0207 444 0009
Due to recent government advice with regards to COVID-19 Horizon Teachers are currently working from home. In order to protect the health and welfare of our team, teachers and teaching support staff, we will be holding video interviews and consultations for the foreseeable future.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.