To shape the behaviour of pupils and support them through their school life is a key part of this role. You will be supporting and working with challenging pupils in this rewarding role.
Horizon Teachers has a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and dedicated individual to work with students who require additional support. This role is to work as a Behaviour Support Assistant within the Inclusion Team of a great mixed Secondary School in Outer West London. If you have experience of working on cases for safeguarding, child protection and on a 1:1 basis or with small groups of pupils then this is the perfect role for you.
Why this school?
This Ofsted Good` rated Secondary school based in the borough of Hillingdon has an excellent environment and all staff are valued as individuals. The school offers a great training schedule and will make you a valued member of the team. This will be a fantastic role for either graduates with a degree relating to Education or an experienced Behaviour mentor who has worked with pupils in the past and has experience with safeguarding and child protection.
Why this role?
As a proactive behaviour support assistant you will be directly able to affect the lives of pupils at the school. You will support the lives and be able to improve attainment at the school. As a member of the team you will be able to develop strong professional relationships with staff and students. In this fast paced role you will work with a range of pupils, parents and outside agencies. The role is varied and no day will be the same.
The role requires you to work within the Inclusion team across both key stage 3 and 4. The hours are 37.5hrs/39 weeks; you would need to be flexible around exam time to support key stage 4 pupils.
What you will given,
The school will train you to support pupils with SEN statements; your training will include working with pupils with Autism, EBD and they will show you how they report all updates to SLT. Prior experience is essential for the role, this may include any voluntary placements, fully knowing how to deal with safeguarding and child protection matters.
For the successful candidate, this full time role will commence in September 2020.
If you can demonstrate the below qualities apply with your CV and References.
- Experience in working within Inclusion either within a PRU or Secondary Environment.
- Experience supporting pupils at KS3 and KS4
- Genuine passion for allowing pupils to reach their full potential
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Friendly and professional manor
- Be flexible and proactive within your school day
Interviews process will commence in the next few weeks. Please send your CV and reference ASAP.
Why Horizon Teachers?
• We will always look to pay you the highest possible rate
• You will be able to choose to be paid via a payroll company or directly by Horizon Teachers
• We are able to work with your existing payroll company if desired.
• For Support Staff we offer free CPD Certified Behaviour Management & Safeguarding Training Sessions
• We have excellent reviews from our employees.)
• We have been helping teachers/TAs find work since 2008, with great success.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.