Position: Science Teacher
Start Date: 20th April 2020
Age range: Key Stage 3/4 & 5
Type: 11-19 rated Outstanding by Ofsted
Salary: £140- £240
Contract Type: Long-term
Horizon Teachers are looking for a full-time Science teacher to join an Outstanding secondary school in Merton from April. The Science department are a strong, established, hardworking and successful team. Science results have been consistently good. The successful candidate will join an energetic school which strives to ensure that all students enjoy learning and surpass expectations of achievement.
This school is an outstanding average sized 11-19 located in Merton. It is a successful, vibrant and innovative school with a tradition of academic excellence. Staff are committed to delivering a high quality educational experience as well as personal growth and development.
We are looking for an experienced teacher that taught the Science curriculum across Key Stages 3/4 and Applied Science. Applications from teachers that teach an A Level Science are desirable but not essential. This position is open to NQTs. It would ideally suit an experienced Science teacher that is looking for long-term flexible work. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an outstanding school and team of specialists.
A range of benefits are on offer, including:
• Competitive pay rates
• A team of specialist education consultants with several years of experience and including many ex-teachers
• A 4.7* Google rating from teachers, support staff and schools we have helped
• Excellent CPD and opportunities for progression
• Comprehensive induction programmes with support and mentoring
• A forward-thinking learning environment with state-of-the-art facilities
• A safe, inclusive learning community where staff and students thrive
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice if you refer a friend or colleague.
We are looking for the following Science Teacher:
• Qualified teacher status (QTS) or overseas trained with a relevant undergraduate degree
• Experience teaching KS3 and KS4
• Excellent subject and curriculum knowledge
• Proven track record of raising attainment and keeping standards high
• A passion in delivering lessons in innovative ways
• Someone of energy, good humour and commitment
To apply and find out more about this role, please submit an up to date CV as soon as possible.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.