Position: English Teacher
Start Date: April 2020 or sooner
Area: Bexley, South East London
Age range: Key Stage 3/4 and 5
Type: 11-19 rated Good by Ofsted
Salary: £140- £240 per day
Contract Type: Long-term
Horizon Teachers are looking for talented, ambitious and motivated English Teacher to join a heavily oversubscribed secondary school in Bexley from April 2020 or sooner. We are looking for an NQT or an experienced teacher that has taught the English curriculum across Key Stages 3/4. Applications from teachers that teach an A Level English are desirable but not essential.
We are working in partnership with a popular 11-19 single sex school located in Bexley, South East London. The school is a progressive and vibrant learning community that focuses on raising the aspirations and releasing the potential of every young person in its care. Students and staff are valued, cared for and respected.
In 2019, 60% of students in year 11 achieved five or more GCSE 9-4 grades, including at least a 4 in English and a 4 in Mathematics. The Progress 8 score was 0.018. At A level in 2019, 96% of the grades were A*-E with 30% at A*-B and 63% at A*-C. Similarly high levels were achieved in Level 3 BTEC qualifications.
We are looking for the following English Teacher:
• Qualified teacher status (QTS) or overseas trained with a relevant undergraduate degree
• Experience teaching KS3 and KS4
• Excellent subject and curriculum knowledge
• Proven track record of raising attainment and keeping standards high
• Teaching an A Level English is desirable
• A passion in delivering lessons in innovative ways
• Someone of energy, good humour and commitment
A range of benefits are on offer, including:
• Competitive daily pay rates
• An honest and open working relationship with a team of dedicated consultants who offer support, guidance and consultative advice (Please look at our Google reviews!).
• Excellent CPD and opportunities for progression
• Comprehensive induction programmes with support and mentoring
• A forward-thinking learning environment with state-of-the-art facilities
• A safe, inclusive learning community where staff and students thrive
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice if you refer a friend or colleague.
To apply and find out more about this role, please submit an up to date CV or call James on 0207 444 0009
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.