A Complex Needs School in Southwark are looking to appoint an SEND Teaching Assistants to work in their Ofsted rated Outstanding' School from January 2020.
The SEND Team are looking for Specialist Learning Support Assistants to support secondary aged students from 11-19 years old with Special Needs and Disabilities. The school accommodates for students with a range of multiple difficulties, disabilities, and speech and languages difficulties. The school has many sensory aspects to the design to enable students to engage with their learning at every opportunity. It is an essential part of the ethos of the school that they aspire to be a centre of educational excellence for students with severe and complex learning needs. The school take pride on ensuring that the staff members are encouraging, creative, motivational and dedicated to providing a learning environment to enhance progression and individual development.
The role of a Specialist Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant will mean that you shall be supporting the progress of all students as a group or on a 1-2-1 basis. The support staff in the school will engage with the children through a variety of difference Medias including Art, Drams, Play, Sensory Play and working on developing their fine and gross motor skills. Staff will also support the children to enhance their communication skills, social and emotional wellbeing as well as making their learning experience as varied and exciting as possible and enables the children to make sense of the world.
Why choose Horizon?
• Top pay rates and the permanent equivalent pay after 12 weeks
• Opportunity to get a place on paid vocational teacher training with a school
• In-depth free induction session in our central London office
• Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
• You choose how you are paid and which payroll company you wish to use
• The perfect way to launch your career in education
A growing number of children and young adults in the UK are being identified as having Special Educational Needs. These developments have led to an increase in the demand for qualified teachers and support staff.
Benefits of working with Special Needs include
• Small class sizes, usually 5-10 students
• A warm and supporting working environment
• State of the art facilities and resources
• Ongoing opportunities for CPD (Continued Professional Development)
• SEN points added to your salary
• Qualified mainstream teachers CAN teach in special needs schools
• You will gain a good understanding of SEND and additional needs
• Improve your classroom and behaviour management
• Teach dynamic and creative lessons
We are excited to hear from you if you are experienced working with SEND students, seeking a change of career, would like to gain and develop your SEND experience or looking to develop more in your teaching career. This is an outstanding opportunity to build your skills within an alternative school setting.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.