A Secondary Special School for pupils aged 11-19 with learning difficulties and complex needs are seeking to appoint a class teacher to join their team from January 2020.
Location - Redbridge
Salary - Negotiable
Contract - Long Term/Possibility of permanent employment for the right teacher
Start Date - January 2020 or earlier.
The school wishes to find a class teacher who is ready to face the challenges of working with pupils with a range of complex needs, you must be flexible enough to work across the 11-19 age range, have excellent communications skills and be dedicated to supporting children with ASD/SLD.
You will be teaching a class of no larger than 10 students, Learning Support is available and the school provides an excellent resource base to ensure every students has the ability to learn.
This successful and well-established school has an excellent reputation locally and beyond. It has highly skilled and dedicated staff who work together to ensure all of their students experience and exciting curriculum tailored to meet their individual needs.
Ofsted rated Good' School - feedback includes; the curriculum supports pupils to keep themselves safe and to be as independent as possible as adults
Too apply for this position you must have/be:
• Qualified teacher status or recognised equivalent
• Right to work in the UK
• A minimum of two successful years teaching (preferably with children who have identified special educational needs)
• Experience teaching/supporting children with autism
• Experience using Makaton and/or PECS
• Passionate about working with SEND! -
Why Horizon Teachers?
• We have specialised in successfully placing Special Needs Teachers into Complex Needs and Special Needs Schools across London and the South East for over 10 years.
• We have a team of dedicated consultants who offer support, guidance and consultative advice (Please look at our Google reviews!).
• We offer competitive PAYE and Payroll Company pay rates that increased after 12 weeks - pay is uplifted through a Payroll Company.
• We will work with your existing Payroll Company.
• We offer up to £200 in vouchers if you refer a friend or colleague.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.