The School are looking to appoint Business and Economics Teacher to join our high achieving Business Studies and Economics Department from September 2021.
The position will be suitable for both a newly qualified and a more experienced teacher.
We expect the successful candidate to provide our students with first-class subject knowledge of the business world. Our Business Studies and Economics department has consistently delivered outstanding outcomes. The courses offered within the department are very popular at both GCSE and A level.
The School is one of the top performing non-selective schools in the country. The students' outcomes have been consistently outstanding both at KS4 and KS5.
The School was rated outstanding by Ofsted in 2015.
The School offers a broad curriculum with a focus on academic subjects as well as vocational education. Our extra-curricular provision not only supports the students' experience in a classroom but also allows the students to develop new skills and interests in sport, music, drama, art, debating or cooking.
The School has a strong sense of community and a diverse student body with currently 64 first languages spoken by the students and 70 different ethnicities recorded on the school census this academic year.
• London Weighting Allowance
• Opportunities of promotion, including an award of a TLR for taking on additional responsibilities within a department or across the school
• Coaching programme to support professional development (replacing the three performance management lesson observations a year)
• Designated team to support new colleagues and NQTs
• Workload-friendly assessment policy
• Centralised teaching resources significantly reducing the teacher's workload and supporting collaboration within the departments
• Generous allocation of preparation and marking time
• Centralised detention system
• Administrative support with certain departmental tasks
• Free gym facilities on site available before and after school
• On site car-park (limited spaces) and cycle storage
• Great location with transport links as close as 1-minute walk away.
Why would you want to work with us at Horizon Teachers?
• We offer both PAYE and Payroll Company pay solution and we will uplift your pay rate to pay you the permanent equivalent pay after 12 weeks in the role.
• A team of specialist education consultants with many years of experience and including many ex-teachers.
• We will work with your existing Payroll Company upon request.
• Earn up to £200 in vouchers of your choice for successful referrals.
• We are one of the highest rated agencies with 4.8* Google rating from teachers, support staff and schools we have helped.
• We are committed to your safety. We are conducting video consultations at this time in order to protect the health and welfare of our team, teachers and teaching support staff.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.