Horizon Teachers has a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated Physics Teacher to join a hardworking school in Outer East London who are looking for a Teacher of Physics,
Within this Ofsted Good Secondary School located in Outer East London, you could make a real difference to this already excellent department. The teaching position is to start in January 2021 and would be to cover a period of maternity. You will join the school on a temporary basis with the opportunity for a permanent role in the future. You will be teaching Science to KS3 and 4 pupils and be a key member of the team delivering GCSE science at the school, you will be responsible for teaching KS4 Physics.
The Head teacher and Head of Science would like to employ a dedicated Science (Physics) Teacher who is able to enthuse, motivate and progress students of all ability. A specialism in Physics is essential as you would be teaching this at KS4. Within Science students are taught in mixed ability groups at KS3 and for GCSE students are put into streamed groups. Science is taught in newly refurbished classrooms and facilities are excellent. The school wish to appoint a motivated teacher looking for a new challenge. This role would suit a teacher at any stage of their career, an NQT, a teacher early in their education career or an experienced teacher looking for a fresh start in the new calendar year.
What the school will offer you as a Science Teacher;
• A strong team of Science Teachers to work alongside in the department.
• Modern well-furnished classrooms with equipment allowing a range of practical lessons and experiments.
• A dedicated technician for the department.
• Support from SLT throughout the year.
• A school where rapid progress is being made every day.
• Continued CPD and excellent induction programmes for all NQTs.
Why This School?
• This school has seen rapid progress in the past 3 years and is not judged as Good by Ofsted.
• Results are rising and pupils behaviour is good.
• Staff are friendly and work as a team.
• The department is strong and led by a passionate HOD.
• For NQTs there is on site accommodation if you are relocating,
This is a long term position and for the right teacher will offer a great position in a great school. Located with transport links to central London and also outer London it is ideally located and will offer London teaching with outer London living.
Please apply ASAP as the school will arrange interviews remotely as soon as applications are received.
Horizon teachers will be able to support you through the whole process. We have been supporting this school throughout the pandemic.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.