Horizon teachers are currently seeking calm, collected and punctual people to work as cover supervisors in various secondary schools located in Brent and Harrow.
This role would be an excellent step for anyone keen to train as a teacher in the future, allowing you to not only build on your experience but also to make invaluable connections with local schools.
Why This role?
• You would be working in supporting secondary schools across North London.
• You would develop skills that can be used in future school roles.
• You would work with passionate and motivated students.
• You are able to choose the days you work, flexible working when you want it.
The schools we are working with offer daily cover supervisor work to suit you. With regular work you are able to develop great relationships and really get to know the schools you work in. Cover Supervisors are respected and seen as part of the schools.
What this role will involve;
• To provide classroom cover for staff when absent either on a short term or long term basis.
• To provide cover in every subject area.
• To ensure that the work set by the teacher is completed by students to the highest of standards.
• To support individuals or groups of students in a lesson who require extra support when not covering lessons.
• To help maintain the high expectations of behaviour in the classroom and around the building.
• To take a positive approach to behaviour by forging strong and respectful relations with students.
You must be confident, passionate and adaptable. The ability to adapt in situations is essential as no day will be the same. You must be able to communicate with pupils and staff well and pass on clear instructions.
For this role you must be available to interview ASAP via Video or in person. We are looking for applicants ASAP. Please apply with an up to date CV and details of professional references
Why Horizon Teachers?
• The best rated education agency in London with the best pay rates
• A team of specialist education consultants with a wealth of combined experience and including many ex-teachers
• A 4.8* Google rating from teachers, support staff and schools we have helped
• Free Safeguarding and Behaviour Management training
• Established and exclusive relationships with schools across London and the South East
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice if you refer a friend or colleague
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.