Horizon Teachers is working with a great community based secondary 11-16 Academy in Essex who are looking to appoint Science Graduate Teaching Assistants to work in their Science department. The school wish to appoint regent graduates with a passion for education who are able to enthuse and motivate pupils of all abilities.
The School is looking for Passionate and Hard working Science graduates to start their journey into teaching. You will be supporting teachers in Science lessons and working with pupils using your specialism and the knowledge you have gained from your degree.
The role would be ideal for someone thinking about a career as a teacher in the future.
Why this role?
• As a Science Teaching Assistant you will be supporting a range of pupils.
• You will experience work in a great secondary school.
• You will develop skills that you can take on to teaching
• You will be provided with excellent training
• Opportunities to train as a teacher will be available at the end of the year.
For the successful teaching assistants support will be provided throughout the year, you will work alongside excellent teachers as well as passionate pupils.
The school itself is located in Outer East London with excellent transport links to East London and Essex. The school is accessed via public transport and road so is easily commutable from central London. Graded as Good by Ofsted this school is on the Up and wishes to welcome recent graduates.
What the school are looking for.
• A Passionate Science graduate looking to work in a great school.
• An individual with a recent degree in Physics, Chemistry or Biology and strong A Levels.
• Someone who is able to enthuse and motivate pupils
• An individual with a strong academic background.
• A teaching Assistant who can pass on their Outstanding subject knowledge
• An individual who can commit to furthering professional development through the bespoke opportunities on offer at the Academy
Please apply with an up to date CV as the school wish to video interview ASAP