Are you a passionate Maths Teacher?
Do you want to work in an Outstanding Secondary School?
Do you want to work in a school where you will be given support, training and the opportunity to progress into a position of responsibility?
Horizon Teachers is currently working with an Outstanding Secondary School in Southwark who are in need of a well-qualified Maths Teacher. The school is a co-educational state secondary situated in South-east London. It is a non-denominational, non-selective school for children and young people aged 11-18.
The school wish to appoint a passionate, well qualified and dynamic Maths Teacher. Maths has a strong place in the school and the department continues to achieve the best results at GCSE and A Level. The Head Teacher wishes to appoint an exceptional teacher to join the strong Maths department. This role would suit an energetic and motivated Newly Qualified Teacher of Maths or an experienced English Teacher looking to start a new role and pass on their experience. This is a full time role and would be to teach through to the end of the summer term.
The Maths Department currently consists of 10 Full Time Teachers and the Head of Department is looking for an additional Maths teacher to join the department. Students study maths is mixed classes at KS3 and for GCSE classes are taught in ability sets, A Level is a popular option and pupils have the choice of courses. Results are excellent and pupils progress to study Maths at University.
For all staff at the school and excellent CPD programme is on offer, NQTS are given a well-structured induction course. The staff at the school form a key community and the school is proud of the extra contribution teachers make. This is a great place to work and would be the ideal next step for teachers of all level.
To apply for this role you must;
• Hold QTS and be a qualified Maths Teacher.
• Have a degree in Maths or a relevant subject.
• Have recent teaching experience in Secondary Schools, this could be though your training.
• Be able to demonstrate excellent classroom practice
• Be able to work will in a team of teachers and share good practice.
• Be dedicated and looking to work in an outstanding school.
Why Horizon Teachers?
- The best daily pay rates in London
- A team of specialist education consultants with several years of experience and including many ex-teachers
- A 4.8* Google rating from teachers, support staff and schools we have helped
- We offer both PAYE and Payroll/Umbrella company pay solutions and the permanent equivalent pay after 12 weeks (pay is uplifted through a Payroll Company)
- We will work with your existing Payroll Company
- We offer up to £200 in vouchers of your choice for successful referrals
The school wish to appoint ASAP, please apply with an up to date CV and details of professional references. In order to protect the health and welfare of our team, teachers and teaching support staff, we will be holding video interviews for the school. The school are keen to remotely interview and hire as soon as possible.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.