Start Date: January 2020
Long Term role
MPS/UPS - £145 - £220 per day
11-16 mixed academy
Essex (outer London)
Are you a Teacher of Maths who....
• Has the highest aspirations for all of the students you teach?
• Is looking for a new position
• Believes all students can be outstanding and progress above expectations?
• Champions the importance of education in shaping the future of young people?
• Wants to embark on an exciting professional journey in a rapidly improving academy?
If so, Horizon Teachers is working with a great community based secondary 11-16 Academy in Essex who want to appoint a dedicated Maths Teacher. The school has a vision of Believe and Achieve' this underpins all aspects of the academy life in their impressive, well-resourced buildings and grounds. As a Teacher of Maths you will join a caring and committed body of staff and enjoy working with friendly and enthusiastic students of whom the school are extremely proud.
Asa Teacher in the Maths team you will play a vital role in providing the highest quality teaching along with departmental responsibility. You will work within this strong Maths department, impacting positively on outcomes for our students, ensuring aspirations become reality. The Academy having received a Good judgement in 2017, is now on the journey to Outstanding by 2020.
As a Teacher of Maths at heart working at the academy you will join a great Maths department. You will be responsible for teaching Maths at KS3 as well as teaching GCSE Maths. You will be able to support the head of department and lead on different aspects in the Maths department. The ability to teach Maths to KS5 would be looked upon favourably but is not essential. This Teacher of Maths position provides a great opportunity for a recently qualified Maths teacher or experienced teacher to join an expanding and vibrant Maths department. This is a Long term role and for an outstanding Teacher this would make an excellent move. This rolw will provide the foundations for a future head of maths position. The school wish to appoint for a January start, at this stage trials will take place in January. The academy provides excellent opportunities for those candidates wishing to progress their career and this position would naturally lead to Head of department roles.
To be considered for this opportunity you will:
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status in the UK.
• Be able to and have a proven record of teaching Outstanding Maths lessons to KS3 and 4 pupils.
• Be able enthuse and motivate pupils in all aspects of the Maths.
• Have a proven track record of excellence and outstanding teaching.
• Possess outstanding subject knowledge and passion for Maths
• Commit to furthering your own professional development through the bespoke opportunities on offer at the Academy
Please apply with an up to date CV and details of professional references who can be contacted.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.