Maths Teacher - Full Time - Temp to Perm role
Start Date: January 2020 or sooner
Full time - 5 days a week
Area: Outer North London
Age range: Key Stage 3 to 4
Type: 11-16 mixed comprehensive school with about 800 students.
Salary: Initial starting rate between £145 and £200 per day
• Do you want to work at a small school with a lovely campus and close knit school community?
• Have you taught Maths to GCSE level and have had recent long term (minimum of a year) experience of doing this?
This Ofsted 2 Good' school wants you to join their small school community and become a fully-fledged member of staff. Working full time within the well-resourced Maths Department, you will be responsible for the delivery of the Maths curriculum up to GCSE level.
As a Maths Teacher at the school you will be part of the most successful department at the school. Results are amongst the best in the school and the Head of department has built a very strong department. You will be teaching pupils who are willing to learn and focused to achieve. The school has a community feel and has turned around in the last few years, You will also get to undertake pastoral roles as a form tutor.
The school are looking for a Maths Teacher to join an expanding department and initially start on a temporary contract until July 2020, a permanent contract will be discussed in early 2020 for anyone wishing to continue.
The school will be happy to consider candidates who are Heads of Departments/Seconds in Department, classroom teachers and strong NQT's. There may be a position of responsibility available for strong teachers.
If interested in this role you must have the following:
- Qualified teacher status (QTS) or be overseas trained.
- Strong behaviour management
- PGCE in Maths or another subject and experience teaching Maths.
- Experience teaching maths to GCSE Level
- Experience in a secondary school within the last two years
- Excellent subject knowledge and passion for Maths
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure or Overseas Police Clearances
- Proven experience in collaborating with colleagues
- Happy to work via agency with options of permanency to be discussed at a later date.
Interviews will conducted ASAP
If you can demonstrate these qualities apply with your CV and references ASAP.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.