Do you have the patience, resilience and empathy to work with pupils one to one and in small groups?
Are you passionate about working in SEND?
Do you have experience working with children who have Autism?
Then you should apply for this very rewarding opportunity!
About The School
A Secondary School based in the borough of Newham in East London are currently looking for a forward thinking Teaching Assistant to join their experienced and enthusiastic SEND team. The school are committed to providing the best opportunities for their learners and determined to improve their resilience, develop their confidence and reach their full potential. The school is easily assessable via public transport and is known for its true creative spirit and strong community feel, within and around the school setting.
About The Position
• SEND Teaching Assistant - ASC (Autism Spectrum Condition) Specialist
• This role is full time, 5 days a week, with the hours 8:30am - 4pm
• Start Date: 25th February 2019
• It is a long term position and will continue until the end of the academic year as a minimum.
• Working 1:1 with a key stage 3 child who has ASC (Autism Spectrum Condition)
The school are specifically looking for someone with not only previous experience working with ASC but also a real passion for it! To apply for this role you need to have previous Makaton experience as well as a positive outlook, a proactive attitude and a will to learn and develop on your knowledge and skills.
As a Teaching Assistant joining the school you can expect:
• Small class sizes (no more than 10 to a class)
• On the job support
• Training and development opportunities
• A friendly team and an approachable senior leadership
• The opportunity to work alongside the SENDCo, therapists and counsellors
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.