Position: Maths Teacher - Maternity cover
Start Date: April 2020 or sooner
Age range: Key Stage 3/4 and Key Stage 5
Type: 11-18 Girls School - Ofsted Good
Pay: £140- £240 per day
Are you an ambitious Maths teacher looking to work in one of the country's top non-selective Secondary schools?
Horizon Teachers are looking for a full-time Maths Teacher to join a heavily oversubscribed secondary school in Bexley from April 2020 or sooner to cover maternity leave. We are looking for an experienced teacher or an NQT who is confident in teaching the Maths curriculum across Key Stages 3/4 and 5. The position is also open to teachers looking for part-time.
The school has a progressive and vibrant learning community that focuses on raising the aspirations and releasing the potential of every young person. In 2019, 60% of students in year 11 achieved five or more GCSE 9-4 grades, including at least a 4 in English and a 4 in Mathematics. The Progress 8 score was 0.018. At A level in 2019, 96% of the grades were A*-E with 30% at A*-B and 63% at A*-C. Similarly, high levels were achieved in Level 3 BTEC qualifications. Maths is a very well taught subject in the school and students achieve well.
The benefits of working with Horizon Teachers:
• Competitive pay rates
• An honest and open working relationship with a team of dedicated consultants who offer support, guidance and advice (Please look at our Google reviews!).
• A comprehensive induction programme with support and mentoring
• A superb, modern working environment with state-of-the-art facilities
• A happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat one another with care and respect
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice if you refer a friend or colleague.
We are looking for the following Maths Teacher:
• Qualified teacher status (QTS) or overseas trained
• PGCE in Maths or degree level equivalent
• Extensive experience teaching KS3 and KS4
• Experience in a secondary school within the last three years
• Excellent subject knowledge
• Proven track record of raising attainment and keeping standards high
To find out more about this role, please apply as soon as possible with an up to date CV. The school are looking to interview immediately.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.