An Alternative Provision Academy based in Tilbury, Essex are looking to appoint a qualified Teacher of Mathematics. Initially, until the end of the academic year, however, the school are looking to employ a Teacher for this role permanently commencing in September 2019.
This Alternative Provision Academy provides a broad curriculum to a diverse group of young people. The school cater for young people and children who have experienced difficulty in learning for various reasons. They offer an education to students who have been permanently excluded or who are at risk of exclusion from mainstream education. Some students in Key Stage 4 are able to return to mainstream school but most Years 10 and 11 students remain at the school until they are 16. At Key stage 4, the curriculum is designed to meet the needs of learners through a range of academic and vocational courses. The focus of the school is to provide support and promote independence empowering students to grow and develop.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
• Have experience working in an alternative provision or mainstream school with learners with Emotional, Behavioural and Mental Health Needs.
• Have the relevant qualifications (Qualified Teacher Status)
• Be committed to achieving high standards and have strong classroom management and behaviour management.
• Have good subject knowledge and be able to plan, mark and deliver inclusive and engaging Mathematics lessons to KS3 and KS4.
• Be enthusiastic, adaptable and willing to form a positive relationship with pupils in order to support their personal and social development in accordance to the school's guidelines.
Horizon Teachers are seeking a qualified teacher who has experience working in either an alternative or mainstream school setting. Although this school is an alternative school, they are interested in teachers who have strong subject knowledge and behaviour management in a mainstream role. The demands of this role are to improve the subject area throughout the school and commit to creating a positive learning environment for the students. The perfect candidate would ideally have some form of behaviour management training, ideally team teach, manual handling or STEPS training, although this is desired, it is not essential. Above all, you must be approachable, eager and promote positive behaviour management and guidance to aid progression and personal development. This is a wonderful class of students who need consistency and a regular friendly face and someone they can trust and work with on a personal level.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.