Graduate Cover Supervisor
Location – Westminster
Salary - £80 – £120 per day (based on experience)
Start – September 2018
Ofsted – Outstanding
Horizon Teachers are looking for a number of passionate and motivated Cover Supervisors to join a very successful Academy in Westminster.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in an Academy where you will be supported to develop your skills and knowledge, and where there is the opportunity to complete your Teacher Training from September 2019.
Graded ‘outstanding’ in their most recent Ofsted, it was stated that ‘Senior Leaders’ relentless focus on achievement has brought about outstanding improvements in students’ examination results. The Principal’s determination that every student fulfils their potential is well communicated to staff and students. Overall students make outstanding progress. Teaching in English, Mathematics and many other subjects is outstanding. Teachers have outstanding subject knowledge and plan interesting activities which motivate students. Students from a very wide range of backgrounds and cultures get on well with each other and with staff. Students are proud of the Academy’s achievements.’
This Academy are looking for two Cover Supervisor’s to join their team from September 2018. There is the opportunity for the role to develop into a permanent contract with Teacher Training to be offered for the right candidates. The ideal candidate will have a degree in English/Maths/Science or Humanities, however other subject areas will be considered. You will be assigned to the relevant department and will predominantly cover lessons within this subject.
Cover Supervisor Job Description:
- To supervise whole classes in the absence of the class teacher
- To respond to pupils’ general enquiries and provide feedback to the teacher
- To work under the professional guidance of teachers and/or members of the Senior Leadership Team
- Supervise students engaged in learning activities
- Act as a role model and set high expectations of conduct and behaviour
- Keep students on task and respond to general enquiries
- Promote positive values, attitudes and students behaviours
- Ensure that all learning designed for the group is completed
- Be aware of and support different student needs and ensure all students have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
The School requires a Cover Supervisor who has/can:
- The ability to relate well to young people
- Deal calmly with different situations as they arise
- The ability to work constructively and flexibly as part of a team, understanding school roles and responsibilities
- Evidence of good organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
If you can demonstrate the above qualities and would like to find out more about this position please apply with your CV and References ASAP.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon