Learning Support Assistant / SEN Teaching Assistant required for a mainstream Primary School in North London
- Full time- Monday to Friday (8.30am-4.00pm)
- ASAP Start
- Special Educational Needs role
- Edmonton, Enfield
You will provide general support to the teacher including support and management of pupils in lessons.
In addition you will be assigned a child in Year 4 with Down Syndrome to work with one to one, to support their learning and social/emotional needs. Experience in a similar role is desirable.
The head of school is looking for an LSA who will:
• Have experience/interest of working with children/young people in some capacity
• SEN experience, Down Syndrome - Essential
• Minimum GCSE Grade C in Maths and English
• Have excellent communication skills
• Be positive and enjoy a challenge
In return you can expect:
• On the job support
• To work on a 1:1 capacity with pupils
• Relevant training and development opportunities
We are looking to hear from you if you are seeking a change of career, would like to gain further SEN experience or thinking of a career in teaching, nonetheless, this is a great way of building on your skills and experience in a variety of settings in addition to mainstream schools.
To apply: send your CV or call and ask to speak with the Primary support team. The school are holding trials and interviews now so please do not hesitate to get in touch for an immediate interview!
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.