SEN Teaching Assistant - Supporting Autism
* Term time, long term position
* Full time - Mon to Friday 8.30am -3.30pm
* Start in September 2019 -Long term supply contract
About the role:
• You will be supporting a child with SEN on a 1:1 basis within in Key stage 2 - Year 3
• Experience of understanding and working with children and supporting SEN in particular Autism is essential
• The majority of your time will be spent in the classroom however they may be times you will be working individually outside of the classroom.
About the school:
• Large, 3 form entry school.
• A good school in Enfield serving the diverse community. The school is modern with excellent resources
• Well served by public transport and car parking also available.
• Excellent, established leadership team and very experienced SENCO
• Car Parking available and serviced well by Overground and local bus routes
• A calm, kind and dedicated approach is required.
• You will need to be able to use your own initiative as you will at times be working independently with support from the SENCO and SLT.
• Good communication is essential, as you will be working closely with teachers, parents and external agencies.
• Have a good understanding of how children learn and any experience in a similar role would be a huge advantage.
Benefits of working with Horizon Teachers:
• Flexible working
• Continued support from experienced consultants
• Competitive Pay rates between £60-£102 p/day
• Option to be paid directly by Horizon teachers or via a payroll company
Apply with your CV for an immediate interview
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.