Are you looking for a rewarding role as a Learning Support Assistant in an Outstanding Inner London School?
Horizon Teachers is currently working with an Outstanding school in South West London who are looking for a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to start immediately, This is a full time position and will be to work in this outstanding secondary school for the whole academic year. The position is full time.
The school are looking for a passionate and driven individual who is able to work with students of all ability, You will be supporting pupils in the classroom environment as well as on a one to one basis outside of the classroom.
The ideal individual for this position will be passionate and able to grow into this role. As an LSA you will have the following qualities: Flexibility, resourcefulness, a strong 'can do' attitude, highly developed organisational skills. effective communication skills, team player.
As an LSA you will;
• Work with teachers and support staff to provide a safe and supportive environment for students to learn both individually and in small groups.
• Monitor and record impact of interventions including short term achievable targets for priority areas of learning.
• Support and supervise the use of the equipment specific to child's needs.
• Ensure that students have opportunities to develop their skills as an independent learner.
• Facilitate between parents, school and outside agencies working with the child, ensuring there is effective communication and continuity in approach.
• Support students in and out of lessons (KS3, KS4 and KS5)
• Have good ICT skills
This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated individual to work as a Learning Support Assistant in this outstanding school.
Horizon Teachers has been working with and supporting schools across London for over 10 years. In these difficult times Horizon Teachers will be able to prepare you for in school roles and arrange for you to interview over video.
Apply with an up to date CV as the school wish to interview ASAP.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.