A growing number of children and young adults in the UK are being identified as having Special Educational Needs. These developments have led to an increase in the demand for qualified teachers and support staff.
Situated a short journey from Feltham Station, this state of the art special needs school is seeking dedicated and energetic support staff who are looking to venture into the world of Special Needs, The classes are purpose built for 8-10 students and encourage independence, personal development and learning through the use of PECS.
The school is a special school for children aged 3 - 11 years with severe and profound learning difficulties including those with an additional diagnosis of autism, a background in support work, care or education would find you an ideal fit for this role as personal care support is often a requirement.
Recently rated Good by Ofsted, they are expanding the school across to sites to provide an exciting, innovative and personalised curriculum for all pupils. Each Site is equipped with specialist support and facilities, appropriate to the age of the pupils and classes are small and teaching staff work closely alongside support staff.
Horizon Teachers are still in full operation, we are working from home and in regular contact with schools and getting ready for when they re-open. We can organise video interviews/meetings to discuss the next steps of your application.
Why Horizon Teachers?
• We always look to pay you the highest possible rate
• You choose to be paid via a payroll company or directly by Horizon
• You can choose whichever payroll company suits you
• If you choose a payroll company then we will uplift your pay to guarantee you are better off
• After 12 weeks we will pay you the permanent equivalent for the job
• For Teaching Assistants, we e offer free CPD Certified Behaviour Management & Safeguarding Training Sessions
• Please look at our reviews to see from others what it is like to work with us (Google.com/horizonteachers)
• We have been helping teachers/TAs find work since 2008
• In our team we have collective experience of working with schools for over 80 years!
My experience with Horizon teachers has been excellent. Tom in the SEND team, particularly has been nothing but exceptional in finding the perfect position for me. Tom is definitely an asset to the company and I am thankful for all of his hard work, support and commitment
- Harjoat, SEND Teaching Assistant
The school are seeking someone with:
• Experience of working in a school for children with severe learning difficulties.
• Experience in a mixed class of children with severe learning difficulties,
• Experience with students/adults with physical difficulty and autism.
• The ability to take the initiative and engage with children to support them in their work and play.
• The confidence to make observations of their learning and to be involved in personal care.
Give us a call today on 0207 444 0009 or register your CV to find out more - SEN/SUP2
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.