Learning Support Assistant / Teaching Assistant- Mainstream Primary school in East London
• Are you a graduate with a desire to work in schools?
• Do you want to make a difference to children with Special Educational Needs?
• Are you already a teaching assistant and would like to further your career and focus on SEN support?
If so Horizon Teachers are working with a primary school who have a role for you starting ASAP for the duration of the summer term with a possibility of being extended and continuing into September.
About the role:
• As an LSA you will be working with individuals in the school who require additional learning support.
• You may be working 1:1, planning activities and completing assessments under the guidance of the class teacher
• The needs of the children could be: ASD, MLD, SpLD and Challenging Behaviour
• Based in a key stage one class
• Full time (Monday to Friday 8.30am-4.00pm)
About the school:
• A two form entry school in zone 3
• Well resourced and committed to raising standards for all pupils
• Inclusive and supportive school community
• A calm, kind and dedicated approach is required.
• You will need to be able to use your own initiative as you may be working independently at times
• Good communication is essential, as you will be working closely with the class teacher, SENCO, parents and possibly external agencies.
• Have an understanding of how children learn and a desire to work with children
• Any similar experience would be an advantage but not essential
If you are interested in finding out more about this roles, contact us now with your current CV.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.