Learning Support Assistant Role
- Supporting Students with Behaviour Difficulties
- Outstanding Primary School
- Tower Hamlets, East London
- Immediate Start
The Headteacher of an Outstanding Primary School in Tower Hamlets has asked Horizon Teachers to help recruit an enthusiastic, supportive and positive mentor for learning and behaviour.
This is an Outstanding primary school, found in Tower Hamlets, East London.
Parents are hugely proud of the school and places are limited due to the excess subscriptions. Having gone from a struggling school to a successful learning institution, the school has an incredible optimism and forward momentum driving it in the right direction. It has some great community ties and has produced numerous high calibre teachers over the years.
The school is well situated as it is a handy few minute walk from the nearest tube and has a mainline station 10 minutes away. It has easy access from all across London.
The Mentor will have the experience to provide support and guidance to children and those engaged with them by removing barriers to learning and achievement, working mainly through a 1:1 supportive relationship or small group/nurture work. This may include developing coping strategies, enhancing motivation, raising aspirations and encouraging re-engagement in learning.The successful candidate must have:
- Experience of working with children in an educational setting
- Experience of planning group and individual sessions to support the development of pupils' emotional literacy skills (e.g. Anger management,self
esteem building, friendships, co-operation skills)
- The ability to establish and develop effective one-to-one mentoring and other supportive relationships with children and young people
- Good listening skills and the ability to communicate effectively with children and young people, families, school staff and a range of other
professionals, both orally and in writing
- The highest expectations of the children they support and promote high levels of motivation, engagement and achievement
- Good behaviour management skills and strategies
- The skills to organise and run lunchtime/after-school clubs
To be considered for this role please apply with your CV.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.