Learning Support Assistant
- Moderate Learning Difficulties including Global Delay
- SEN school in Uxbridge
- Long term (potential to become permanent)
- £70- 80 per day
- Role starting ASAP
Are you an engaging and child centred Learning Support assistant, looking for a homely and dynamic SEND environment for your next role?
Are you passionate about supporting children with Complex Needs to have a fulfilling education experience?
We at Horizon have the pleasure in working with a beautiful, well-resourced and completely child centred SEND provision in Uxbridge for young people aged between 4 to 19 years old who have moderate to severe learning difficulties. This school is part of a Trust and has access to a wide range of services that will support children's learning. 140 pupils attend this school.
Your role as a Learning Support Assistant will be to support a KS4 boy's class with a variety of Special Educational Needs including Global Delay, Autism and Speech and Language Difficulties.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will need to support the boys with swimming and other sports, encourage them to learn in accordance with their learning levels, to carry out behaviour management in line with the school's policies, to enhance their communication skills and provide a stimulating and engaging atmosphere for them to acquire new skills. This school promotes well-being and the staff are absolutely committed to giving the pupils that come here the best learning experience possible. Benefits
• Working with an extremely proactive and supportive team
• Enabling children access to support groups/key professionals that may have been provided or working with them at their home school
• Large school, with bright airy rooms and excellent facilities and resources
• Working with some fascinating kids where you can see what difference your work really makes
• Working in a school with a fantastic reputation and extremely supportive headshipRequirements
• Experience working with children that have Special Educational Needs
• To be adaptable and support when the young person is showing stress and anxiety
• Strong behaviour management
• Ability to work with multi agencies, working together for the best possible outcome of the child
• Strong communication skills
• Strong behaviour management
• To have a proactive approach to working and support children to have fun through learning as well as meet their P level and engagement outcomes Responsibilities
• To give the children the tools to enhance their language skills through play, sensory activities, and exploration of language
• Get involved with every activity
• Keep the children safe and support the children and staff team with any challenging behaviours
• Show an active interest in whatever the children enjoy and apply it to their learning objectives
• Follow policies and safeguarding procedures set by the school
• Communicate with the children on their level. Engage with them!We can offer you
• Full and part time work (to work with other commitments)
• Free safeguarding training
• Uplift in pay
• Assistance in obtaining an enhanced DBS check (if applicable)
• Dedicated SEN Consultant with vast experience within SEND
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.