Learning Support Assistant
- Speech and language, complex needs and Autism.
- West London
- Long term
- £70- 80 per day.
- Role starting 08/10/18
Are you an engaging and child centred Learning Support assistant, looking for a homely and dynamic SEND environment for your next role?
Are you passionate about supporting children with Autism, SEND and Speech and language difficulties to have a fulfilling education experience?
We at Horizon have the pleasure in working with a beautiful, well-resourced and completely child centred SEND provision in West London for young people aged between 4 to 19 years old who have severe to moderate learning difficulties. This school is part of a Trust and has access to a wide range of services that will support children's learning. 140 pupils attend this school.
Your role as a Learning Support Assistant will be to support a KS4 boy's class with Speech and language difficulties and Autism.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will need to support the boys with swimming and other sports, encourage them to learn in accordance with their learning levels, to support behaviours when they arise, to enhance their communication skills and provide a stimulating and engaging atmosphere for them to acquire new skills. Gaining independence skills are a huge part of their learning experience and so off-site activities, such as going to the shops, preparing meals and learning about finances is vitally important and forms part of their weekly activities.
This school promotes well-being and the staff are absolutely committed to giving the pupils that come here the best learning experience possible. Benefits
• Working with an extremely proactive and supportive team.
• Enabling children access to support groups/key professionals that may have been provided or working with them at their home school.
• Large school, with bright airy rooms and excellent facilities and resources.
• Working with some fascinating kids where you can see what difference your work really makes.
• Working in a school with a fantastic reputation and extremely supportive headship.Requirements
• Experience working with children that have Autism and speech and language difficulties
• To be adaptable and support when the young person is showing stress and anxiety
• Strong behaviour management
• Experience working with visual timetables, PECS and symbols
• Ability to work with multi agencies, working together for the best possible outcome of the child
• Strong communication skills
• Strong behaviour management
• To have a proactive approach to working and support children to have fun through learning as well as meet their P level and engagement outcomes Responsibilities
• To give the children the tools to enhance their language skills through play, sensory activities, and exploration of language
• Get involved with every activity
• Keep the children safe and support the children and staff team with any challenging behaviours
• Show an active interest in whatever the children enjoy and apply it to their learning objectives
• Follow policies and safeguarding procedures set by the school
• Communicate with the children on their level. Engage with them!We can offer you
• Full and part time work (to work with other commitments)
• Free safeguarding training
• Uplift in pay
• Assistance in obtaining an enhanced DBS check (if applicable)
• Dedicated SEN Consultant with vast experience within SEND
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.