Primary School in Croydon seeking an individual to support a pupil in Year 4 with Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties.
• One to one support for a boy with behavioural difficulties who is very challenging and can be physically aggressive
• Classroom based support along with 1:1 sports coaching in the hall/playground as this is a particular interest
• The pupil is very bright and has a lot of potential - you will be required to get the best out of him and maximise his potential
• Keep progress journals and build a trusted relationship with the student
• A Good' School by Ofsted
• A school that offers a teach first programme for aspiring teachers
• A diverse, multicultural and well-resourced Primary School
• A strong focus on Music and Sports
• An above average intake of pupils with Special Educational Needs
• Located in Croydon and walking distance from West Croydon station
• You will need to have good behavioural management skills along with the ability to be welcoming and build a strong relationship with the student
• Be firm but fair when needed
• To be open minded and have the ability to differentiate your working style depending on his state of mind
• Have experience supporting emotional needs, having worked in a Pupil Referral Unit or Youth Mentoring will strengthen your application
• Have a want to make a difference to a young person's life
If you are interested in this role and feel you have the qualities and experience to support this pupil we would love to hear from you. Apply now or call Reece on the Primary Team on 0207 444 0009.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.