Are you looking to secure a very rewarding Learning Support Assistant role for the rest of the academic year?
Do you possess a nurturing nature and a willingness to genuinely make a different to the lives of young children?
If so, then we have the ideal job for you, so please do read below and apply for the Learning Support Assistant role within the London Borough of Kensington and Chelsea!
A Secondary school that we work very closely with is looking to recruit a Learning Support Assistant on a full time basis, for a November start.
This is a school that prides itself on creating a stimulating learning environment and one where the children look forward to going to every day.
The school is served by excellent bus routes, including those from neighbouring Boroughs.
Some benefits of the role are:
* The opportunity to genuinely make a difference to the lives of young children within the Secondary sector
* The chance to potentially go onto a schools direct!
* The potential to learn from, and to exchange ideas with other members of staff
* Working with young children can bring a lot of job satisfaction, delight, humour, and a sense of achievement
* Showcasing your skills and abilities to help create further opportunities within the school
Responsibilities of the role:
* Supporting children of a lower learning ability
* Being adept within Speech & Language and/or Intervention
* Developing a rapport with children and utilising an empathetic approach
* To support children across all areas of learning with a variety of needs while also allowing them independence
* Liaising with the relevant class teachers and SENCO when required
Requirements of the candidate:
* To be pro-active, understanding, empathetic and patient
* SEN experience favourable
* Understanding of Safeguarding
* Ability to communicate effectively with children
* Being able to work full time
* Having a DBS on the online update service or the willingness to complete a new DBS application
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.