A primary special needs school in Hillingdon are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to support in a PMLD class, you will be supporting children with severe autism on a one to one basis.
Contract: Long Term
Start Date: September 2020
Horizon Teacher are working with a large SEND School based in the London Borough of Hillingdon who are seeking a Teaching Assistant to join them within their lower school, working in the Key Stage 1 PMLD class.
The school is a special school for children aged 3 - 11 years with severe and profound learning difficulties including those with an additional diagnosis of autism.
Recently rated Good by Ofsted, they are expanding the school across to sites to provide an exciting, innovative and personalised curriculum for all pupils. Each Site is equipped with specialist support and facilities, appropriate to the age of the pupils and classes are small and teaching staff work closely alongside support staff.
What Horizon Teacher can offer you:
• Education specialist consultants, many ex teachers themselves, with over a decade worth of industry experience.
• A 4.8* rating on Google! Meaning we are highly trusted by the staff we have helped.
• Freedom to choose how you are paid either via a payroll company or directly by Horizon Teachers
• We always aim to pay our supply teachers the highest rates possible
• After 12 weeks in the same role you will be paid to scale, and in many cases sooner
The school are seeking someone with:
• Experience of working in a school for children with severe learning difficulties.
• Experience in a mixed class of children with severe learning difficulties,
• Experience with students/adults with physical difficulty and autism.
• The ability to take the initiative and engage with children to support them in their work and play.
• The confidence to make observations of their learning and to be involved in personal care.
Horizon Teachers, like many other companies, are now working with reduced staff and from home. We are still here to help you and the vacancies we have are all still live, however many schools have put recruitment on hold whilst they are closed. We strongly advise you to still apply for your chosen roles as this situation is only temporary and we are still in communication with many schools, some of which are conducting video interviews. When schools know they are re-opening they will be very keen to meet suitable teachers and support staff straight away. We are conducting telephone and video consultations so you can still register your interest with us now and we can be ready to help you when schools open once again. Please stay safe and well.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.