We are working with an Outstanding junior school who need a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to join them in September.
You will be working across classrooms in KS2 with a particular focus on year 5 and 6. Your day to day duties may include:
• Providing support to the class teachers with day to day tasks such as making resources, planning activities etc
• Supporting small groups with literacy and numeracy interventions
• Covering PPA time for the Classroom Teacher
• Supporting individual pupils on a 1:1 basis
• A large 4 form entry, award winning Junior school with an excellent reputation in the area
• The School offer a diverse intake which reflects the local area
• Supportive staff and leadership team who encourage creativity
• The school can offer excellent opportunities for you to develop your career
• The successful applicant will need to have previous experience in a classroom support role. This could be as a TA or HLTA.
• Experience of working with students with Special Educational Needs (SEN) would be desirable but not essential.
• You will have a desire to be involved in all aspects of school life like participating in extra-curricular clubs and activities.
• You must hold a relevant HLTA qualification or be a graduate with experience in the classroom in a similar role.
• Most importantly a can-do attitude, a positive outlook and the ability to engage students.
This is a great long term opportunity for an ambitious HLTA. To apply forward Your CV.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.