Working in Special Educational Needs is a richly rewarding career, where no two days are the same. A special needs school offers a stimulating and vibrant working environment, where you have the opportunity every day to positively impact a child’s wellbeing and personal development. As a Teaching Assistant, you will be an integral member of the team, working closely to support pupils either 1:1 or on a small group basis.
• A recent graduate (any subject specialism)
• A genuine interest in working in the field of Special Needs
• A willingness to learn
• A positive, resilient nature
• Have a recent DBS- we can assist with your application
What you can expect:
• Full or part time roles
• A supportive team of colleagues
• CPD opportunities throughout the year
• Competitive rates of pay
What might your day involve?
• Helping pupils engage with the learning, e.g. reading and writing
• Supporting pupils to take part in physical activity, e.g. P.E lessons or swimming
• Play, music or other artistic sessions
• Building positive relationships with the pupils you support
• Collaborating with the teacher on lesson activities and pupil progress, assisting with planning and preparing resources
If you are an enthusiastic and committed person, who is keen to make a difference to the lives of young people, then we want to hear from you; click the link above to apply or contact us on 0207 444 0009.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.