Graduate Teaching Assistant - Lewisham
Full-time, Long-term position
Starting in September
We are looking for an ambitious recent graduate to join a popular Secondary school in Lewisham as a full-time Graduate Teaching Assistant. The position is to start in September for the next academic year starting in September. The role is provide in class support to students on a 1-2-1 basis and also support outside of class in small groups. You will also be working closely with teachers and the learning support team in the delivery of effective learning support plans.
The school has a vibrant learning community, modern facilities as well an enjoyable environment to work in. Support and training will be offered by experienced, welcoming and encouraging staff. The students in the school are police, courteous and achieve well. A Graduate Teaching Assistant role will provide you with extensive classroom experience and a valuable insight into the life of a teacher.
If you're thinking of a career in teaching, the school will offer a complete academic years' work that will support your teacher training applications. Many of our schools offer direct teaching training programmes for those that express an interest and are suitable. This is the perfect way to begin your career in education.
A range of benefits are on offer:
• Top pay rates of £70-95 per day
• Comprehensive induction programmes at our central London office
• Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
• A high-level of support and training
• Opportunity to get a place on paid vocational teacher training with a school
• A team of friendly, caring and knowledgeable consultants (Please look at our Google reviews)
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice for successful referrals
• The perfect way to launch your career in education
We are looking for a Graduate Teaching Assistant who:
• Has a degree (ideally a 2:1 or above)
• Has a proactive, enthusiastic and positive can do' attitude
• Has excellent communication skills
• Enjoys working with young people
• Is adaptable and flexible
If this is you, please apply as soon as possible with an up to date CV. If your application is successful we will contact you immediately.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.