• Position: Learning Support Assistant
• Salary: £75-£100 per day
• Start Date: ASAP/Easter 2020
• Subject: Learning Support
• Location: Southwark
• Ofsted: Outstanding
• Age range: Key Stage 3/4 and Key stage 5
• Type: 11-18 mixed comprehensive with approx. 1200 students.
• Results: GCSE 73% 5 A*-C.
Horizon Teachers is looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to work within a dynamic and well committed Learning Support Department. The position is a temporary contract to start in ASAP in an Excellent Secondary School in Southwark. The successful candidate will be based in the SEN department supporting all subject areas, a specialist in Science or Maths would be desirable but not essential. You will be supporting small groups of KS3/4 pupils with their education.
This Secondary School is an average sized school with a 6th form. All students are making excellent progress. The school received Outstanding' grading by Ofsted in 2009. The Headteacher, Senior leadership team and teaching staff have, over recent years, combined to foster a hugely positive learning and nurturing environment for its 1200 boys and girls, allowing them to consistently out perform their peers in other schools in the borough, and develop into positive role models full of ambition and enthusiasm for their future. If you were successful, you will be working alongside outstanding teachers to support you within your career.
The benefits of working with Horizon Teachers:
• Education specialist consultants, many ex teachers themselves, with over a decade worth of industry experience.
• a 4.7* rating on Google! Meaning we are highly trusted by the staff we have helped.
• Competitive pay rates
• Comprehensive induction programmes at our central London office
• Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
• A high-level of support and training
• Opportunity to get a place on paid vocational teacher training with a school
Tom Havard was easy to communicate with and found me a placement very promptly. I appreciate the opportunity he presented to me which helped me kick start a career which I hope will be amazing
Fhokrul, Teaching Assistant
If you can demonstrate the below qualities apply with your CV and references:
• Excellent management skills
• Have some Learning Support Assistant experience within the last 2 years, this could be in or out of a school
• High level of education
• Prior experience working with 11-16 year olds
• Ability to be able to access the school curriculum
• Be flexible and proactive within your school day
Interviews process will commence ASAP so please apply with an up to date CV.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.