Horizon Teachers is currently working with an Ofsted 'Good' Secondary School in North East London/Essex who are looking to appoint a Full time Permanent Maths Teacher for September 2020.
The school wish to appoint a full-time teacher of Maths to teach across KS3 and KS4. The school follow the AQA Maths syllabus at GCSE and at A-level. This is an excellent opportunity of an Experienced or Newly Qualified Maths Teacher.
You will be joining a maths department where excellence is seen in every lesson and where progress is made every day. Maths classes are taught in mixed ability groups from Year 7 upwards. The Maths department achieves outstanding results at all Key Stages.
Why this school?
• A large comprehensive school situated in the London Borough of Havering.
• The highest standards relating to Teaching and Learning are a feature of daily life.
• Outstanding student progress and attainment. In 2019 Progress 8 was 0.51 (well above' the national average) and the average Attainment 8 score for all students is 5.87
• The percentage of students at 4 in both English and Mathematics is 86%
• The percentage of students achieving 5 9-7 grades is 34%
• Percentage of students achieving 5 9-4 grades is 85%
• 8% of all grades at GCSE Level were the top grade 9
The School are seeking a Maths Teacher who is enthusiastic and has the ability to teach Maths across all of the Key Stages. The successful Maths Teacher must be passionate about Maths and have excellent subject knowledge. Being ambitious and committed to the very highest standards of student learning is also very important.
An excellent classroom practitioner with a drive for self-improvement and development is essential.
What The School can offer the successful Teacher?
• A strong commitment to your professional development and wellbeing.
• Opportunity to work with a forward-thinking Headmaster and Senior Leadership Team.
• Generous Non-contact time and Planning, Preparation and Assessment time (PPA).
• A team of highly motivated and talented teachers that work collaboratively to raise standards and secure achievement for all students.
• Well behaved students that are keen to achieve and are respectful of their teachers.
• A well-resourced school and a stimulating environment that is conducive to high quality teaching and learning.
You will be joining an Ofsted Good Secondary school where pupil attainment is at a high level, student behaviour is outstanding and staff morale is very High. For all staff there is excellent training and for NQTS there is a strong Induction programme in place.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.