SEND Teaching Assistant, supporting Autism in Year 1
- Ealing Borough
- Long term supply contract with a view to become permanent
- Start September 2020
An Outstanding' Catholic Primary School in Ealing are seeking a SEND Teaching Assistant to support a child in Year 1.
Your role will be to work one-to-one with a child who has Autism, as a Learning Support Assistant. You will provide a nurturing, kind and safe environment to the pupil, and motivate him to work to his full potential. You will receive plenty of support from the Class Teacher and the rest of the Staff Team. This role is perfect for someone who is keen to enhance children's education and is looking for a rewarding and fulfilling position in the education sector.
We are looking for:
· An energetic individual who is passionate about the education sector
• You will be working 1:1, supporting their learning which will sometimes be outside of the main classroom.
• Experience of working with children with SEN is essential, particularly supporting ASD.
• A calm, kind and dedicated approach is required.
• Someone able to work independently.
• Good communication is essential
• Have a good understanding of how children learn and any experience in a similar role would be a huge advantage.
The school embraces the Catholic ethos and have strong connections with the local church. Located in the leafy suburbs of Ealing, the school has staff parking and is well connected by public transport.
They work closely with parents and as a result has developed good relationships with them. Parents are supportive and are keen for their children to learn. The children are enthusiastic and are well behaved, there is a real culture of learning in this school.
Why Horizon Teachers?
We pay competitive rates, you get to choose how you are paid and pay to scale is available after 12 weeks! We have over 10 years' expertise in the field and 4.7* star Google reviews. The support that we here at Horizon Teachers will allow you to enter schools with confidence and enhance children's education, which is what we are all about!
Contact Umar for more details or apply with your CV for an interview asap.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.