Position: Music Teacher
Start Date: April 2020
Area: Hammersmith & Fulham
Age range: Key Stage 3, 4 & 5
School Type: Mixed 11-19
Salary: £140- £240 per day
Contract Type: Maternity Cover
Horizon Teachers are looking for a dynamic qualified Music Teacher to join a modern secondary school in Hammersmith and Fulham. The post is a maternity cover starting in April 2020. The successful candidate should be an experienced teacher with QTS or an NQT who is confident in Music across Key Stages 3/4 and BTEC at Key Stage 5. As the only Music teacher you would have lead responsibility for the department.
This school we are working in partnership with is a large, forward thinking and oversubscribed 11-19 secondary school in West London. It is a new school with outstanding modern buildings and facilities. The Music Faculty has state-of-the-art equipment and is one of the most consistently successful departments in the school. The SLT are ambitious and driven in their pursuit of academic excellence and their efforts are evident in terms of good-quality teaching, resulting in excellent achievement. This is an exciting opportunity to progress within a supportive department and school where staff are valued, cared for and respected. The school has excellent public transport links.
We are looking for the following Music Teacher:
• Qualified teacher status (QTS) or overseas trained with a relevant undergraduate degree
• Experience teaching KS3 and KS4 Music
• Excellent subject and curriculum knowledge
• Proven track record of raising attainment and keeping standards high
• A passion in delivering lessons in innovative ways
• Someone of energy, good humour and commitment
The benefits of working with Horizon Teachers:
• An open and honest working relationship with your consultant (Please look at our Google reviews!).
• Excellent CPD and opportunities for progression
• Comprehensive induction programmes with support and mentoring
• A forward-thinking learning environment with state-of-the-art facilities
• A safe, inclusive learning community where staff and students thrive
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice if you refer a friend or colleague.
To apply and find out more about this role, submit an up to date CV as soon as possible. If your application is successful we will contact you immediately.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.