SEN Teaching Assistant- Behaviour Needs
- Wandsworth, South-West London (Puney area)
- Mainstream Primary school
- Full Time- 5 days a week Mon-Fri
- Term Time job
We are working with a school who require a SEN Teaching Assistant to work 1:1 with a child in Year 5 with SEN- Mainly behavioural needs.
About the role:
• You will be working 1:1 with a child in Year 5, he can be very challenging as he has delayed learning and is working at a significantly lower level to others in his year group. He challenges authority and can be verbally and physically abusive.
• Experience of working with children with SEN is essential
• The majority of your time will be spent in the classroom however they may be times you will be working with the child alone on a one to one basis.
• This is a full time position to start in January 2019 and will last until the end of the academic year
About the school:
• A 2 form entry, established primary school with a strong leadership team
• Vibrant multi- cultural school with a goal to deliver a broad and rich curriculum to its children and provide them with opportunities to explore, enquire and reflect.
• You will be joining a friendly, established team who love to give children confidence to learn and be the best they can.
• Well-resourced and committed to providing the best learning environment to children, this is a modern school
• A calm, kind and dedicated approach is required.
• Strong behaviour management skills
• Ability to follow instruction and use initiative as you may be working alone at times.
• Good communication is essential, as you will be working closely with the class teacher, SENCO, parents and possibly external agencies.
• Have a good understanding of how children learn and any experience in a similar role would be a huge advantage.
If you are interested in this role and can start as soon as possible, please send your CV or call 0207 444 0009 to speak to Umar
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.