Position: Graduate Teaching Assistant - Maths
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £70-95 per day
Contract Type: Long-term
Have you recently graduated with a Maths degree and looking for the perfect way to launch your career in education?
An outstanding secondary school in Lambeth are seeking an enthusiastic Maths graduate to join as a full-time Graduate Teaching Assistant. The position is to start ASAP for this academic year. The role is to provide support within the Maths department to students 1:1 and in small groups. You will also be working closely with teachers and staff in the planning and delivery of Maths lessons.
If you're thinking of a career in teaching, the school will offer a complete academic years' work that will support your PGCE application. Many of our former Graduate Teaching Assistants are now Maths teachers. A Graduate Teaching Assistant role is ideal for those looking to gain or expand on their classroom experience.
The school has excellent transport links nearby, modern facilities and a vibrant forward-thinking learning community. A high level of training and support will be offered by experienced, welcoming and supportive members of staff. This is a great opportunity to join an outstanding secondary school. It is the perfect way to begin your career in education.
We are looking for a Graduate Teaching Assistant who:
• Has a 2:1 Maths degree or similar
• Has a proactive, enthusiastic and positive can do' attitude
• Has excellent oral and written communication skills
• Enjoys working with young people
The benefits of working with Horizon Teachers:
• Comprehensive induction programmes at our central London office
• Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
• A high-level of support and training
• Opportunity to get a place on paid vocational teacher training with a school
• A team of friendly, caring and knowledgeable consultants (Please look at our Google reviews)
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice for successful referrals
• The perfect way to launch your career in education
To find out more about this role, please apply as soon as possible with an up to date CV or call 0207 444 0009 and ask for James. If you're application is successful the school want to interview immediately.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.